RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Friday, July 23, 2010

More Fun With Wild Wednesday!

One of my favorite parts of this summer is going to Wild Wednesday every week at Lakeview Nature Center! My little nature lovers get to interact with a new animal each week, go on a fun hike to get them moving, and even get prizes!
This week we got to meet a toucan. Did you know that, despite that giant beak, getting bit by a toucan doesn't particularly hurt? The owner said that, since the toucan had been raised by hand since he was a baby, he wasn't afraid of people, and he was nibbling us just as a greeting or because he thought we might have food. People with nail polish, or with paint or marker stains on their hands, looked particularly tasty to him!











A great time was had by all!

1 comments:

Christine said... [Reply to comment]

I really wanted to go but I had plans to have a picnic at the park with my nanny group. The worst part, no one showed up. I was really bummed because I thought the kids would love to see the toucan!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 DuPage Kids On The Go Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes